You can’t buy love but you can rescue it! Unconditional love is as close by as your local shelter or rescue organization.
Why should you adopt a rescue from a shelter rather than purchase from pet store or breeder?
- You’ll be giving a dog a second chance and saving a life. These dogs have been unwanted, abandoned, sometimes abused or surrendered by owner who is no longer able to care for it. When you adopt from the shelters or rescue organizations you are also freeing up space so another homeless dog will get a second chance.
- You’ll save money. Adoption fees for dogs through shelters and rescue organizations are less than purchasing a dog from a breeder or pet shop. Rescue adoption fees usually include up to date vaccinations, microchipped and spay/neuter. These dogs have also been carefully screened.
- You are wiping out what could have been bad or painful memories. You’re creating new, loving memories for them.
- There are so many options/choices with rescues. Do you like pure breeds or mutts? Are you a tiny, lap dog fan or do you prefer a large dog? Hair, color, personality, oh my…..so many choices with just a bit of research of your local shelters or rescue organizations.
- Adopting a rescue will not only make you feel good about what you’re doing, but there will be an incredible bond between you and the dog. You are making a difference and being a force for good. Saving one rescue may not change the world, but in the life of that rescue, it changes their world fur-ever.
Our rescue Rook
Not only do I volunteer at my local rescue Walking Home Together, but Rook is our fur-ever family that started out as a foster but soon won our hearts and we adopted him. I know dogs can leave paw prints on your heart! Nobody will love me more, be more patient with my mood swings or keep my secrets better than our Rook!
Do you have a furry family member?
High five if you’re a dog lover! A big hug if you have a rescue family member. Let me help you create a locket in honor of your dog because you understand that love is a four legged word. Because of my commitment to help make a difference, I support Walking Home Together not only by volunteering, but with 20% of my retail sales in my Origami Owl business. Contact me or check out my website to create your locket.